Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rubber Ducky Races 2008



Every year here in Steamboat we have the rubber ducky races. This year 2500 rubber ducks were dumped into the river off the 5th street bridge. They then raced to the finish line at 13th street.


Everyone follows the ducks down the river via the bike path and the boy scouts assisted with any ducks that became stuck along the banks. Businesses all around town donate goods for this wonderful cause.

This year I bought two ducks in hopes of being one of the 175 winners. This is the hospitals biggest fundraising event and the money goes to make improvements at our non profit hospital.



My friend Stacia met us at the river to hang out with us and see if either one of us one the big prize which was a season ski pass. Unfortunately I didn't win the ski pass but I did win 4 pairs of Smartwool socks which I was thrilled about. I had never heard about them before but EVERYONE here tells me how great they are. And they came in neat colors and patterns. Let the snow come, we are ready for the snow with our socks. LOL

Of course I couldn't resist not making a t-shirt for Lyndsey for this special race day. We needed to show our ducks that were were there for moral support. Lyndsey got lots of complements. Did I mention I was up WAY too late the night before because this was a last minute project.
We are very excited about the races next year. There is always something fun to do in Steamboat.










No comments: