Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can't I just get my bear-proof can???

I didn't think it would take almost 3 weeks to get our bear proof trash can delivered. The company I called said that delivery days in my area are on Mondays and Thursdays. Considering I ordered it on June 2nd, there have been plenty of days to have it delivered in my opinion. I have called several times and finally it showed up on my driveway yesterday soon after my millionth phone call. Last weeks they told me to put my two weeks of garbage out by the street in the morning and the garbage collector would pick it up. All morning long I had birds pecking at the garbage bags. Lyndsey got proficient at yelling, "No Garbage Birdie, Go Away!" Of course I witnessed the garbage man drive right by my bags and bags of trash. Later in the day, I noticed the trash disappeared. Either some neighbor felt sorry for me and took it to the landfill for me, or I had some crazy person pick it up that wanted to go through it.

Also, I put on a pair of gloves yesterday and went through the 4 bags of trash that were sitting in our garage in search of my car keys. No such luck. They are still MIA.

No comments: