Sunday, March 2, 2008

Going Under The Knife

I'm sure most of you have heard, but for those that don't know, I'm going to be having breast reduction surgery in less than two weeks. It is scheduled for March 14th and I haven't been nervous until March 1st hit and now know that its only a few weeks away.
I keep thinking about how excited I am but am also scared of recovery and the thought of being sliced open and having several open wounds. I find that I'm having a hard time sleeping when I think about it. Pre-Op is next Wednesday and Del will be going with me so we know what to expect. Four ears are better than two.
Lyndsey will be spending about a week and a half with Grandpa and Grandma Kingsley in Phoenix. I'll be doing a one day round trip flight to Phoenix to drop her off and they will bring her back right before Easter. I've never spent a night away from her before so I think that first night might be hard for me. I've scheduled a pedicure, chiropractor adjustment, massage, dinner, and movie the night before surgery. It's my only "free" day so I thought instead of thinking of Lyndsey all day I can do things for myself.
I also have beeen busy "nesting". I thought this only happened right before a baby is due but I am finding myself constanting cleaning and getting things ready. I'm in the process of getting the office ready for Grandma Carpenter to come and help after Lyndsey comes home. I've gotta get our twin bed set up in there. It feels so good to be clutter free and organized.
I'll be sure to keep this updated in the next few weeks and I'm very excited to see how this is going to totally change my life.

1 comment:

For Crying Out Loud said...

Erin, I'm so excited for you! You will do great. I can imagine the nerves are totally normal, and I think I'm starting to feel them for you! At least you have us to chat with while you're recovering and not able to do much more! I'll be your captive audience! LOL